Return of The Larry

WARNING: non-Groo related post. Delete now or forever hold your peace?

*sigh*

Here I go again.

I just finished writing this e-mail, and now I've got to do it again from
scratch because I accidentally deleted it. Yup, I guess I AM back.

I've been off the list since December, although even then I had cut back on
my participation for various reasons. Computer problems kept me off this
long, but now everything's Jake and I'm back for good. (Did I really just say
everything's Jake? THAT wasn't in my lost first draft?)

When last we saw our intrepid Grooper, he had lost over 60 lbs. in just 10
months of eating right and exercising (hooray!) Since then, I've blasted that
10 month speed record by, ummm, gaining it all back in only 7 months flat
(less-than-hooray) Oh well, at least now my niece Marissa is old enough to
understand that Uncle Larry DOES NOT have a baby in there?

I was also stressing out at the time because of a promotion which I felt I
had been unfairly passed over for. Well, be careful what you wish for and all
that, because NOW I'm stressing out because I DID get the promotion (hence
the weight gain, we all need a good excuse, don't we?) I am happy with my new
job, I get to supervise a staff of six advertising copywriters, some of whom
are as WEIR- umm, I mean INTERESTING as I am. Seriously, I've got a great
bunch of writers, and the ulcers to prove it!

What else? I'm a Clown Captain again this year for the Macy?s Thanksgiving
Day Parade, which is probably my TRUE calling. It's not every day you get to
hop, skip and jump down Broadway WITHOUT getting run over by a cab.

I was an Extra for Kevin Costner's forthcoming baseball movie FOR THE LOVE OF
THE GAME, but since it's really just crowd scenes, I doubt I'll be noticeable
on-screen. I'll let you know if my image graces the screen long enough to be
noteworthy, but that is doubtful. It was quite an experience sitting in the
stands at Yankee Stadium wearing short sleeves in late October (Or was it
early November? I forget). We were supposed to keep our coats and hats and
gloves on in-between takes (it was freezing!), and then shed the outer layer
during filming, but an alarming number of people kept their coats on and
hoods up, so if you do watch the film, I'm sure you'll notice all the people
in parkas in the stands! Hmmm, this is almost a Grooism!

OH! I just got back from Florida, where I spent a wonderful week with
Unirabbit and the Zookeeper. We played some D&D and some RoboRally, ate at a
wonderful little "redneck" restaurant called Cracklin' Jack's (try the Bayou
Platter: Gator Tail, Frog Legs and Catfish), went to a waterpark, did some
fishing in The Gulf of Mexico, and sort of went snorkeling in The Keys.

I say "sort of," because I only spent a few minutes in the water before I
decided that breathing air was MUCH more fun than trying to breathe water and
failing miserably. Oops. How does Aquaman do it?

I probably spent more time with the Unibunnies than with Unirabbit, since she
and the Zookeeper had to work most days, but that was just fine with me.
Unirabbit has two cute, well-behaved, cute, kindhearted, cute and intelligent
kids, which means they are obviously changelings. Plus, hanging out with them
is more like hanging out with my peers, since I have yet to grow up. Luckily,
neither has Unirabbit or the Zookeeper.

By the way, don't bother adding me to your address books yet, because my
e-mail address will change in a week or two, as I CERTAINLY intend to drop
America Online. They drop ME often enough, by kicking me off-line if I am
idle more than ten minutes or so (which is basically ALL of my time online,
since apparently reading and responding to e-mail doesn't count).

Anyway, that's all for now, sorry about the length, I hope I didn't bore you
guys. Later!

-Larry S. AKA "The Shiek Of Entropy"