Re: southpark virus

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:29:17 +0100 (BST), dizzy.sean@lineone.net

>			Hi everybody, here is a message from a lurker who opened the southpark virus, make that dumb lurker!, I deleted the files32.vxd component as that has the virus contained but I have since found out that you need to do a bit of regedit before deleting this file otherwise you can't open any applications.
>I am hoping that someone still has it on their computer and can forward me a copy so I can reinfect myself and get rid of it properly or if someone else infected themselves but still has files32.vxd in their windows/system folder could you forward it to me so I can get out of this mess.
>Not often viruses are requested eh?
>Groo would be proud.

ME: There's an easier way.  You can find out how to get rid of that
virus (it's actually what's called a worm program) at:

For that matter, any time you encounter a virus or worm, it's a good
idea to go directly to one of the sites that specializes in such
matters, such as McAfee.  They're usually right on top of these

Mark Evanier
PMB 303
363 S. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036-3124