Crescendo News - September 1999

CRESCENDO NEWS ONLINE - September 1999

Here at LiveUpdate, we're busy developing the next generation
of Crescendo products and services to provide you with the best
Internet music technology for a long time to come. Thanks for
all your continued support.

In this edition of our newsletter, download Yamaha
SoftSynthesizers, web authors get free code, get answers using
the new Crescendo Knowledge Base, listen to Amazon.com e-Cards,
and get Crescendo PLUS.

YOU CAN ALSO READ THE SEPTEMBER 1999 NEWSLETTER ONLINE AT:

http://www.liveupdate.com/newsletter/september99.html

There, you'll find images and helpful links. The plain text
version of the September 1999 newsletter is provided below.

CONTENTS:

     *LiveUpdate Presents Yamaha S-YXG SoftSynthesizers
     *Free Amazon.com e-Cards Make Music with Crescendo
     *Calling All Synthesizers - Get Crescendo PLUS!
     *Fire Off Questions, Get Back Knowledge
     *JavaScript / VBScript Code for Web Authors
     *Subscribing / Unsubscribing

LIVEUPDATE PRESENTS YAMAHA S-YXG SOFTSYNTHESIZERS
https://secure.liveupdate.com/yamaha.html

Through a very special arrangement, Yamaha and LiveUpdate bring
you S-YXG SoftSynthesizers for online purchase and download.
Upgrade your Pentium MMX notebook or desktop computer sound
system to professional standards for the price of a software
download! You also get 37 killer XG song files that show off
the 676 CD-quality sounds and 65 effects, the same soundset
found in expensive Yamaha XG hardware synthesizers!

FREE AMAZON.COM E-CARDS MAKE MUSIC WITH CRESCENDO
http://cards.amazon.com

Amazon.com is not just a great place to buy books, CD's,
videos, cat boxes, and soon, pharmaceuticals. You'll find a
wide variety of free musical Amazon.com e-Cards you can send
to your loved ones online right now! Amazon.com uses Crescendo
to play embedded music in e-Cards, and since Crescendo is free,
anybody with a computer and modem can hear your message loud
and clear. Amazon.com's new e-Cards and LiveUpdate's Crescendo
come together to unite bandwidth-friendly music and art on the
web.

CALLING ALL SYNTHESIZERS - GET CRESCENDO PLUS!
http://www.liveupdate.com/buyPLUS.html

Did you know that Crescendo PLUS was the very first premium
Netscape plug-in to be sold and delivered online?  Back in
March 1996, the price was $19.95 and still remains $19.95
today. The all-new Crescendo PLUS 4.02 for Windows 95/98/NT is
a streaming MIDI player where music starts within seconds and
can play all MIDI files found on the web. Crescendo PLUS can
be used with any MIDI device including your sound card's built-
in wavetable synthesizer.

You may be in the market for soundware upgrades to go with
Crescendo PLUS. LiveUpdate carries a complete line of hardware
and software synthesizers guaranteed to suit your music
listening and production needs.

==> Crescendo PLUS plays Roland Sound Canvas pro hardware also
featuring programmable guitar effects and MIDI interface ports.
With every Roland purchase, you get Crescendo PLUS, a valuable
music software bundle, and shipping - for free. The lowest
prices on Roland synthesizers in the world just got even
lower - only from LiveUpdate!

http://www.liveupdate.com/roland/roland_hardware.html

==> Crescendo PLUS also pushes the envelope with Sonic
Implants sample libraries from Hruska Audio. Affordably
transform ordinary SoundBlaster AWE or LIVE cards into
professional samplers, no experience necessary! Imagine playing
classical MIDI files using crystal-clear vintage, electronica,
and industrial instrument sounds. To realize the full potential
of your SoundBlaster card, Implant This!

http://www.liveupdate.com/sonicimplants/

==> Yamaha S-YXG SoftSynthesizers need no introduction. You already
know about them from the top of this newsletter!

https://secure.liveupdate.com/yamaha.html

FIRE OFF QUESTIONS, GET BACK KNOWLEDGE
http://www.liveupdate.com/kbase/kbase.html

The Crescendo Knowledge Base is now open to the musical public.
Ask questions about Crescendo in plain English and get back
answers. We have prepared answers for the most frequently asked
questions and are making them available online through
LiveUpdate's custom search engine. If you need technical help,
have customer support questions, or just want general
information about our products and services, visit the
Crescendo Knowledge Base. We'll do our best to keep it topped-
off with the latest FAQs and tech tips, so go ahead and help
yourselves to a heapin' helpin' of down-home information.

JAVASCRIPT CODE FOR WEB AUTHORS
http://www.liveupdate.com/embed.html

Musical web authors! Use LiveUpdate's free JavaScript and
VBScript code to reliably play MIDI music on Netscape and
Internet Explorer browsers. In the past, the only way to
guarantee that MIDI music would actually play in both browsers
was to use Crescendo-specific tags. We now provide a graceful
way to determine which browser a visitor is using, then check
to see if Crescendo is installed. If Crescendo is present, then
Crescendo will be used to play music. If Crescendo is not
installed, the Internet Explorer bgsound or Netscape's basic
player will be used. To get the code plus all the technical
details, visit http://www.liveupdate.com/embed.html.

Web authors can designate the free version of Crescendo as the
default player to provide a rich listening experience for
visitors. Crescendo is the Internet's only streaming MIDI
player, lets you build playlists and jukeboxes, and supports
JavaScript to remotely control the Crescendo player.

We respect your privacy. This newsletter is sent to anyone who
downloaded Crescendo in the past, and indicated with a
checkmark on the download page that they'd like to receive
information from us. We would like to let you in on all of the
exciting happenings at LiveUpdate, and the computer music
industry. Your information has not, and will not, be given to
others or sold.

Subscribe - If this message was forwarded to you and you'd like
to subscribe to Crescendo News Online, or provide us with a
change of address, simply reply to the address in the header of
this message and include your contact information.

Unsubscribe - To tell us you want to unsubscribe, so we
permanently remove your name from our user list, simply reply
to this message and include the word "unsubscribe" in the
message subject line. Your request will be automatically
handled by our mail system.

Thanks for listening!
Jim Kometani, Crescendo Evangelist

Copyright (c) 1999 LiveUpdate. All rights reserved.