Re: Nyah, nyah!!! :-D

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Nate Piekos <nate@piekosarts.com>
An: groop@groo.com <groop@groo.com>
Datum: Sonntag, 3. Oktober 1999 23:40
Betreff: Re: Nyah, nyah!!! :-D

>>"missing-a-staple-cover-have-ripped-off-ballpoint-pen-scribbled" comic,
>>either, we're talkin' Very Fine/Near Mint!
>>Has anyone gotten this good a deal for it on the second-hand market?
>>- Tyler
>
>~~~~ I've got a story like this, not about GROO though, but an even better
>score.... I've always been a gig fan of Lone Wolf and Cub, but could never
>find issues near me.... well,  a few years ago my mother got this new
>boyfriend, (a self proclaimed "Japan-o-phile"), and I went over for supper
>one night.... turns out he tried to impress me by bringing his entire
>collection of LW&C with him to let me borrow.  Well, a week later they
>broke up, ..... and well..... I've still got the entire LW&C collection
>after all this time.  I assumed he'd want it back, but he never contacted
>my mother or I about it, I left them in a box for a whole year assuming
>he'd show up, but.....
>
>~Nate~ A whole collection for free!

Heh heh hehe he ehe ehehehhhheheheheeeeeee
 Weeeellllll a few years back I was in the states after I was released from
the army, and I hit all the flea markets. I was at this one, and a gentleman
had a MASSIVE box of comics at his booth. Looking thru it I found no groo,
but x-man out the whazoo, and others to include spawn and bone(original run
bone,) plus a buttload of Elfquest. I did not get a chance to go thru the
whole box. He asked me if I was into comics, I said umm...sure. Well he said
100 bucks and the box is yours.
I cried you FOOOOOLL and gave him the money. let me break down the stupidity
of this guy:
X-Men ( original)
75-102...yes 94 was in there.
Bone 1-10 (original run)
ElfQuest 1-20 MINT ORIGINAL RUN
about 25 good daredevil
Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew YES!!!!!
6 batman
all the old Ghost Rider
Purge 1-7
Evil Ernie first series
Lady death first series
.
I could not believe it.  His boy collected comics, and he went off to the
army, and just didn´tt want or care about them any more..I stpped listening
after I found out he was still alive....soooo.....I sold them all except for
some of them and more than tripled my money....damn!!!
Squirrel
The Happy Atheist
19  For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one
thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have
all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is
vanity.
20  All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
21  Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the
beast that goeth downward to the earth?