Groo in 1986 San Diego Comic Con

     There is a great 1/2 page illustration on page 24 of the 1986 San
     Diego Comic-Con program.  I didn't see this in Gary's Groo List, but
     the list I have is dated January 1999, so it might have been added
     since.  The illustration features Groo (twice), Sage, Chakaal,
     Minstrel, DNAgents, MAD, Alfred E. Neuman, Sergio, etc.

     On page 19 of the same program is a large black and white photo of
     Evanier with a biographical sketch.  Interestingly, although Groo had
     already been around for several years, there is no mention of Groo in
     the biographical sketch...and the sketch was written by Mark himself!

     Also, for Ruben's Sergiography, Sergio also contributed to the
     following additional programs (these may or may not already be in the
     Sergiography):

        1976 San Diego Comic-Con program:  Sergio drew the black, white,
        and red cover illustration.  In addition, a black and white photo
        of Sergio drawing a sketch appears on page 4 (a youthful photo of
        Mark Evanier appears on page 5).

        1977 San Diego Comic-Con program:  an 17 panel black and white
        cartoon by Aragones appears on page 48.

     I'm sure Aragones has contributed to many more San Diego Comic-Con
     programs.  If anyone knows of any, sent them to Ruben for the
     Sergiography!

     Mike S.