FW: "The Late Sergio..."

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Matlock [mailto:rowrbazzle@agoron.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 1999 11:15 AM
To: Grossmann, Gary
Subject: Re: "The Late Sergio..."

Gary - Boy! Is my face red!  I dont know where I read of Mr. Aragones'
death,
but, as Mr. Clemens said under similar circumstances, "The report...is an
exaggeration".
    Youof course were not alone in spotting my error, three other sharp-eyed
readers E-mailed me.  And, BTW, all but one of you began his missive with
the
same words, "I hate to tell you this--", which, to my mind, indicates a
certain gleefulness contrary to the claim of sorrow in spotting so grievous
faux-pas.
    Seriously, I am grateful that you corrected me - I would have continued
refer to Mr. Aragones in the past-tense were it not for you.  I swear I
thought I had read of his death in the Comics Journal sometime about a year
ago - no doubt I'm wrong about that, too - they would not print an
inaccurate
obit. without correcting it in a future issue.  In any case, I am genuinely
glad to be mistaken.  I have also ammended my descriptive paragraphs on
E-Bay
so that this misinformation spreads no further than it has already.
                                                                    Thanks
again, Dan Matlock