Re: Groo computer game thing....

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:57:18 +0200, oddman@hyperisland.se wrote:

>First, a question for Mark! Of the offers you and Sergio have had, why
>hasn´t anything materialized?

ME: Different reasons each time...but basically, they've been
interested but not interested enough.

>The game industry today has lots of small development companies working
>on games and then getting publishing and distribution deals with the big
>software houses like Interplay and Activision. If hypothetically
>speaking, we could must enough professional level programming, graphics
>sound and design talent through the Groop. We could work closely with
>M.E. and Sergio to delevop a game, complete a demonstration of it and
>pitch it to some big companies.

ME: I appreciate your enthusiasm but this cuts against my philosophy
of how work should be done.  It would mean people would be working on
spec.  I don't work on spec and I'm not comfy when others are doing
so.

I'm sure the talent is here...but it's just not the way I operate.

Mark Evanier
PMB 303
363 S. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036-3124