Groo Street

Hi Folks!

I have an assignment for any New York area Groopies who aren't fixated on watching the Yankees break the hearts of Red Sox fans yet one more time or on watching the Mets get nailed by the Braves. (Yes, I admit it.  In addition to being a Groo-maniac, I am also a sports nut!)  Anywho, according to a 1910 postcard on ebay, there is a "Groo Street" in Middletown, New York.  "Linden Avenue S. from Groo Street, Middletown, N.Y." is what the postcard says.   Upon consulting my trusty atlas, I see that Middletown is on Orange county not too far away from the Big Apple. So if anyone back there has a truly boring day on their hands, they could run out to Middletown and check out Groo Street and take a picture of the sign, for which I would gladly pay. Its not a Groo item, but it would be fun to see.  I wonder what disasters and catastrophes have befallen the street over the years?  The name "Groo" comes up every once in a while on ebay in the strangest places.  There was something about a Ranger Groo in the old west, or something like that.

This of course, leads back to our various theories on Groo down through history and that Sergio and Mark just picked up the thread.  Hmmmm.  I'm not sure we want to go there again.  Anywho, have a good weekend everybody.  It's cold but sunny up here, so hopefully i can put a roof on my shed this weekend!  Take care -Gary G.