Crescendo News - October 1999

CRESCENDO NEWS ONLINE - October 1999

Early snowfall in New England's North Country signals that it's
time to start waxing up the snowboard and get the cold weather
clothes out of storage. So, come inside because we've got
enough Internet music software and hardware to light your fire
and give you warmth all season long. In our October newsletter,
download free MIDI ragtime piano performances, get the
newest Roland software synthesizer, order Crescendo MAX at a
new low price, and find solutions for QuickTime's damage to the
Windows registry.

YOU CAN ALSO READ THE OCTOBER 1999 NEWSLETTER ONLINE AT:

http://www.liveupdate.com/newsletter/october99.html

There, you'll find images and helpful links. The plain text
version of the October 1999 newsletter is provided below.

CONTENTS:

*Free Scott Joplin Ragtime MIDI Piano Performances!
*Crescendo MAX Makes Big Sounds for a Lower Price
*Roland VSC-88H and Crescendo PLUS Stream Together
*Crescendo Users Beware! Something's Rotten with QuickTime!
*Subscribing / Unsubscribing

FREE SCOTT JOPLIN RAGTIME MIDI PIANO PERFORMANCES!
http://www.liveupdate.com/music/JoplinPiano/Joplin.html

Pop music from the turn of the century, just in time for what
some believe to be the turn of the millennium. Here are five
complete Scott Joplin rags absolutely free for you to audition
and build into Crescendo web pages. Feel the super-funky
syncopated rhythms recorded in real-time on an industrial-
strength weighted MIDI keyboard by James Kometani. Visit our
Scott Joplin Ragtime Piano page and click on a link to listen.
Select Crescendo's SaveAs command to download the current piece
to your computer. If you're a web author, check out the
innovative JavaScript and HTML source code for ideas that can
help you build your own Crescendo jukeboxes.

CRESCENDO MAX MAKES BIG SOUNDS FOR A LOWER PRICE
https://secure.liveupdate.com/buyMAX.html

Catch the wave and get Crescendo MAX for just $24.95 including
unlimited updates, upgrades, and product support for one year.
Crescendo MAX features LiveSynth PLUS, which includes rich and
meaty sounds sure to satisfy the aural appetites of jazz,
rock, and classical music enthusiasts around the globe.
Internet streaming brings the music to you immediately, no more
waiting for MIDI files to start playing! As a bonus, installing
Crescendo MAX will automatically upgrade the synthesizer in
your free Crescendo Forte player and replace the existing
sounds with even bigger sounds. MAX out your Windows sound
system for the cost of a software download!

ROLAND VSC-88H AND CRESCENDO PLUS STREAM TOGETHER
https://secure.liveupdate.com/roland88h.html

Roland and LiveUpdate have come together to bring you the new
Virtual Sound Canvas VSC-88H and Crescendo PLUS on two CDs for
only $67 postage paid. The VSC-88H software synthesizer for
Windows 95/98 comes with over 100 MIDI songs, 546 sounds,
15 drum kits and a player with controls for effects, key,
tempo, and track muting. Bring your laptop to the session or
mobile karaoke party packing an arsenal of fantastic GS/GM
sounds and effects. Plug your VSC-88H into the Internet with
Crescendo PLUS and experience Roland's superb instrument sounds
while you surf. Offer valid in the US, Canada and possessions
only.

CRESCENDO USERS BEWARE! SOMETHING'S ROTTEN WITH QUICKTIME!
http://www.liveupdate.com/qtbgone.html

Installing Apple's QuickTime will disable Crescendo in Internet
Explorer and Netscape browsers. QuickTime corrupts the
Crescendo-specific area of the Windows registry without warning
or permission in order to secretly substitute QuickTime for
your Crescendo player when listening to MIDI music on the web.
This unethical intrusion is chillingly disturbing to LiveUpdate
and the millions of Crescendo users worldwide who depend on
Crescendo to stream MIDI music on their greeting cards and web
pages. As of this writing, our repeated attempts to contact
Apple in hopes of rectifying the situation have been completely
ignored. Rest assured that we plan to stop Apple from treating
Crescendo users like this, as we continue to fight for justice
and the American Way. Let's hope they don't throw globs of
Kryptonite at us before we have time to put on our capes on!

Solution:  If you are a Crescendo user being slammed by
QuickTime, please reinstall the very latest versions of
Crescendo, which will restore Crescendo's Windows registry
entries to the condition they were in before you installed
QuickTime. You can also get our free utility "QTBgone.exe"
which will remove the corrupt entries any time QuickTime's
installation program trashes your Windows registry.

We respect your privacy. This newsletter is sent to anyone who
downloaded Crescendo in the past, and indicated with a
checkmark when registering that they'd like to receive
information from us. We would like to let you in on all of the
exciting happenings at LiveUpdate, and the computer music
industry. Your information has not, and will not, be given to
others or sold.

Subscribe - If this message was forwarded to you and you'd like
to subscribe to Crescendo News Online, or provide us with a
change of address, simply reply to the address in the header of
this message and include your contact information.

Unsubscribe - To tell us you want to unsubscribe, so we
permanently remove your name from our user list, simply reply
to this message and include the word "unsubscribe" in the
message subject line. Your request will be automatically
handled by our mail system.

Thanks for listening!

James Kometani
Crescendo Evangelist
Copyright (c) 1999 LiveUpdate. All rights reserved.