Re: Groo pilot

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:14:08 -0400, Nate Piekos <nate@piekosarts.com>
wrote:

>Maybe I shouldn't ask this for fear up stirring up a too much interest....
>but....  ME, you've mentioned the GROO pilot.  If you did voice casting and
>tests, are we to assume you might have a sample of said pilot comlete?  A
>few minutes of animation?  Or did it only go as far as the voice test and
>no animation was done for it?  Of course, you realize if you say yes, Gary
>Grossmann is going to build you a new shed to try and cajole you into
>sneaking him a vhs copy.

ME: No, we did no animation.  What happened was that we had a producer
who wanted to do GROO and we liked him and he said, "Let's do five
minutes of animation, just to see where we are."  He was going to pay
for it.

So I wrote and Sergio storyboarded a short joke.  We recorded the
voices and then, for reasons I can't explain, everyone lost interest.
That was as far as it went.

Mark Evanier
PMB 303
363 S. Fairfax Ave.