Re: Huzzah & Lunch Box

Wow!   Way to go Finn!  You had quite a day indeed.  But first, let me just
say that I hope you are the ONLY individual who refers to your roommate as
"wife".  If some individuals refer to her as "wife", well, you've got a big
problem!  (btw, I read my wife the Pipal Khan stories and she almost falls
out of the bed!)

The Groo Dynasty was the hardest one for me to find as well.  For those of
you who don't know, the "Know o prince.." intro on the cover of the Groo
Dynasty is a take off of L. Sprague deCamp's intro to the Conan stories he
compiled and edited in cooperation with Robert E. Howard's estate.  I was
surprised when Mark told me that he didn't write it!  It was written by some
guy at marvel!  It's still funny.  And of course, the Comic Reader #210
cover from April of 1983 is a must for the hard core Groo fanatic!!!!

I am torqued off about the lunch box!  I'm only 120 miles from the friggin'
store.  How come I haven't gotten mine yet?  Probably my mail carrier is
using it as a spittoon!  And I STILL say they should have made it in the
shape of Groo's head.  Then they could have put a thermos in Groo's nose!

uh-oh, I'm back to my old habits of multiple posts in one day.  Umm, let's
see.  What else so I don't post again tonight?  Oh, yeah, the Groo Inferno's
are out!!!!   Great cover of course and some original art around the edges
of the credits pages.  In one drawing Groo is fighting off humans while
behind him are animal warriors.  One is a Bat warrior.   I have never seen
Sergio draw a bat warrior before.  Cool.

Anywho, take care everyone -Gary G.