Re: If anyone out there can help me...

In a message dated 11/9/99 11:46:03 PM, fuchikaka@hotmail.com writes:

>Can anyone tell me what the heck is an "alms"? and if it taste like
>cheesedip?

Alms are those things hanging from your shoulders, you know, with hands at
the end of them?

Actually, alms would be charity I guess. To give alms to a mendicant would be
to give money or food, -  I'm sorry, I mean give kopins or cheese dip! Now
that I've typed this, let's check the dictionary, shall we?

Yup. From Websters New World College Dictionary:
1. money, food, clothes, etc., given to  poor people. 2. a deed of mercy. 3.
Two  upper limbs of the human body (sorry, couldn't resist).

-Larry S. AKA The Sheik of Entropy