non Groo question for M.E.

Since the Groop is a little slow I thought I´d ask this:

Mark, since you´re pretty "in the know" about various comedic routines
and such, do you by any chance know where the "toilet paper stuck in
trousers" gag came from originally?

Example: Ignorant man goes into mens room and when he comes out he has a
trail of tp hanging out of the back of his pants.

I´m just curious cause it has been used SO many times and I never really
got what was supposed to be funny about it....

Cheers,

Joe
(in Sweden where it just snoooowed the other day...)