Re: non Groo question for M.E.

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:13:17 +0100, oddman@hyperisland.se wrote:

>Mark, since you´re pretty "in the know" about various comedic routines
>and such, do you by any chance know where the "toilet paper stuck in
>trousers" gag came from originally?
>
>Example: Ignorant man goes into mens room and when he comes out he has a
>trail of tp hanging out of the back of his pants.
>
>I´m just curious cause it has been used SO many times and I never really
>got what was supposed to be funny about it....

ME: I'm not particularly familiar with the bit or its origins.  I've
seen jokes about people with toilet paper stuck to their shoes...and I
think that's just an observation of something that happens from time
to time.  But otherwise, I'm no use on this one.

Mark Evanier
PMB 303
363 S. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036-3124