Re: ME is back!

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 22:48:08 -0800, "Gary Grossmann"
<grossfam@olywa.net> wrote:

>Btw Mark:  Love your current series on Voice Actors in CBG.  And is there a
>chance that someday Sergio will work with someone (like Kevin) to create a
>website like Kevin has created for Gene Colan?

ME: I don't know.  I hope to get mine up soon...maybe that will prompt
Sergio to want one.

>Lets see, I also mentioned all the cool stuff I have run across looking
>through old San Diego Comic Con Programs, including articles and art by you.
>Have you ever considered pulling a Stan Sakai and doing a comic book
>written, drawn (and maybe even lettered) by just M.E.?

ME: I'm a very slow artist and I'm way out of practice.  As a matter
of fact, my lettering -- which used to be quite good -- has gotten
weak.  So the answer is that I probably won't do it because I'm not
good enough in those departments.

>And finally, why didn't your McAfee anti-virus program work?

ME: McAfee only stops viruses that it recognizes.  I was one of the
first humans on the planet to contract this one.  I got it and my
computer expert (who used to work for Symantec) reported it to McAfee
and Symantec...and both reported back that it wasn't a virus; they
couldn't find anything amiss with the program we submitted.  About 12
hours later, 900 more people had submitted it and they both looked
closer and figured out that it was a virus of a new strain.  Both
firms immediately updated their programs (the "definition" files you
download) to detect the new virus...but at the time I contracted it,
they didn't know anything about it.

By the way, Gary: I just got a new trade paperback from Mexico that
collects all six issues of FANBOY into one book.  There's a new cover
by Sergio with a tiny Groo on it.  Happy hunting!

Mark Evanier - PMB 303 - 363 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036