Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Here's wishing you all a safe, happy, healthy holiday. To those of you who
don't celebrate the birth of that particular child, well, I hope whatever
celebrations you enjoy during the year are all for the best!

I'm sitting here at 1:34 am Christmas Morning, New York time, nibbling on
some wonderful oatmeal-banana cookies my friend Roseanne baked for me (thank
you Roe). I SHOULD be in bed, because Santa won't come if you're awake. I can
dig it. I sometimes wish that I could do my work when everyone else is
asleep, and REFUSE to scoot down the chimney if anyone's staying up.
Interruptions while I'm working are the bane of my existence. (Bah!!!)

Anyway, every year when I finish my Christmas shopping I buy myself a
present, something I wouldn't normally indulge in. Since I only finished my
shopping around 4:30 this afternoon, I hadn't really given any real thought
to what I was going to treat myself to, and it only occurred to me in the
middle of the first paragraph that there really is only one thing I really,
really want (having just read Nate's Happy Holidays post, I won't do a peace
on earth shtick).

I want a Groo lunchbox.

I've resisted, oh how I resisted! After all, I've always said that I am NOT a
collector, I'm a READER. I really have no use for a lunchbox. The rare times
I get it into my sputtering little brain to BRING a lunch to work instead of
BUYING a lunch, I invariably leave it in the fridge at home, leave it on the
seat of my car, leave it in my backpack instead of putting it in the fridge
under my desk or forget it in THAT fridge and run out for a slice of pizza.
However,

I want a Groo lunchbox.

I just want one, okay?

*sigh*

So, it's probably too late, but first thing Monday morning I'll hafta check
with Midtown comics and see if they've got any or if they can get any, and
then maybe check around the web.

This was supposed to be a post where I wish all of you a Merry Christmas, and
I didn't yet. It's kind of sad that I waited until this late in the letter,
so I'm just gonna sneak back to the start and rewrite the beginning. Be right
back?

Okay, I'm back. This email REALLY started with that bit about eating cookies
at 1:34 am. If you want to read it in the order it was written instead of the
order it was presented to you, well, you'll just have to copy this and cut
and paste it yourself! In fact, hang on another second, I'm fresh out of
cookies?

Mmmm, chocolate chip! Anyway, yet another long-winded Larry missive
thankfully concludes here. Good-bye all! You guys are the best!!!

-Larry S. AKA The Sheik of Entropy

P.S. Do you know why Jesus is called NOEL?

Spell his name. J-E-S-U-S, that's right, no "L"!!! (Speaking of "L", I guess
I'll burn in "L" for that one!)