re: Comics Code

There was a book put out in the early 1950's.  I'm sorry, but I can't
remember its title.  It was aimed at indecency in literature, with a
special emphasis on comic books.  This is the book that caused enough of a
panic to get the U.S. Congress involved and bring in Gaines to testify on
behalf of comic books.  This book is one of the main catalysts that led to
the creation of the CCA.  I'm really sorry about not knowing the name,
maybe someone else remembers it, but I can't find my comics history book
at the moment.

Aside from that, if you want a really good, and in my opinion, accurate
editorial, check out Sergio and Mark's FANBOY series.  There's several
issues in the mini-series that intelligently deal with the subject of the
CCA and censorship.  A great read.

Elie Harriett
--comics enthusiast, Grooper, and trombonist extraordinaire  :)