Re: 2000

Clint Eastwood wrote:

> I'm going to take a quick break from lurking to say, I'm not impressed
> with the year 2000. The 40's and 50's totally lied to us. There are no
> flying cars, there are no cities on the moon, Soylent Green is not yet
> made from people. I am quite disappointed. The only bright spot is that
> my Groo collection seems to Y2K compliant, although, who could tell? All
> the jokes are at least a hundred years old to begin with. Happy Groo
> year.
>
> ---Bryan

Do you remember Space 1999 TV series?,  there is no space exploration like
in that series in 1999.  A few days ago I read in the newspaper about a list
of things that people predicted  but never a reality at the end of the
millinium.  Among other thing is the Nostradamous' prediction that the end
of the world will be the last year in the millinium.

Azamin