Re: OT: music fact for the day

Yes, good 'ol Guido did invent Solfedge.  Here's the funny part, though:
he taught it using a picture of a hand, intending people to count up and
down notes like children today learn basic math.

I'll have to check out that particular Far Side.

Elie

Elie A. Harriett
Graduate Teaching Assistant - Instrumental Music
University of Nebraska - Omaha
PAC #236
60th & Dodge Sts.
Omaha, Nebraska 68182-0139