a little story

Hi guys,

A little story: My boyfriend's been bugging me since Christmas to
tell him what I wanted for my birthday, because he couldn't think of
a thing to get me. The other day, he slipped and said, "I'm really
excited to give it to you, so can I give you your book already?"

Book? He's giving me a book? I'm constantly reading, two books at
a time, so a book was the last thing I wanted, and the least
personal gift I thought I could recieve from him. So I felt bad, and he
felt bad that I felt bad.

So yesterday was my birthday. He hands me my present in the
car, and the label reads: "For Lia, who might think this is just a
book."

It was one of those lovely Graphitti-produced hardcover signed
and numbered Groo Chronicles! I'd always wanted one but had
never had the energy to track one down and order it, and my
boyfriend doesn't even like Groo! Aww. He's a sweetie.

The cherry on the icing is that the Groo Lunchbox I asked a friend
to piggyback on his order from TFAW just got to his place, so I
should have that within a week as well!

:] Lia

P.S. Two Groo items in a week! Three if you add the new issue
which I'm picking up on Saturday. This is turning out to be a mighty
fine Groo-related week for me.

P.P.S. By the way, guys, the things you hang on trees are
ORNAMENTS, not orniments or ordiments. :P

Movie: "The good die first."
Tom: "But most of us are morally ambiguous, which explains
our random dying patterns."
                                                         - MST3K