Re: Groofest woes

I think Nate is right. I wouldnt want 30 or so of you wackos comin to my house!

And if we all got together, what would you call us? a gaggle of groopers?

From: Nate Piekos <nate@piekosarts.com>
To: groop@groo.com
Subject: Groofest woes
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:34:11 -0500

I was thinking guys, maybe we're getting a bit gung-ho about Groofest.
Let's think of it from Sergio's perspective.... would you want 30 complete
strangers in your home/studio?  I know I wouldn't.  2 or 4 maybe, but a
whole bunch?  No.  If it were me, I might consider meeting all those people
somewhere (be it the con, or a restaurant or something) but I think we
might be intruding, never mind increasing the chances of Sergio or ME
pulling the plug on the whole deal once they realize the trouble they've
stumbled into.

I think Sergio should know exactly how many people will be going, and be
given the chance to say, "Sorry guys, how about we meet somewhere instead."
without feeling like a heel for it.

And from my perspective (1) I've never even been to california.  therefor
(2) I don't want to get lost on a 4 hour ride from the con to Ojai in a
place I've never been to. and then drive 4 hours back.

8 hours is a looooooong time in a car.  (that's if you don't get lost.)

Just my 2 kopins.