Re: Hey ME...

On Thu, 03 Feb 2000 11:17:39 -0500, Nate Piekos <nate@piekosarts.com>
wrote:

>I was wondering, back in the Epic days, what was the time frame (beginning
>to end) for the production of an issue of GROO?  From concept through to
>shipping it to the printers....  You obviously had to do an issue per
>month, so how much time did it take for each step in the creation?  I ask
>because I'm getting ready to self publish and I'm working with one other
>person (both of us have 40 hr. a week jobs)  and we're doing everything...
>it's incredibly time consuming.... I'm amazed that any comic comes out
>monthly....

ME: It went something like this...and still does:

Sergio rough-pencils the story - 2-3 days
Mark puts in dialogue - 2-3 days
Stan letters the copy in - 2-3 days
Sergio finishes the art - 10-12 days
Mark does corrections - 1 day
Tom does coloring - 6-12 days

That's very approximate.  It's also very fast.  Most artists in the
business need a lot more time for their stages.

Mark Evanier - PMB 303 - 363 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036