Re: So-called "Groo" Miniature

At 07:18 PM 2/7/2000 -0800, Gary Grossmann wrote:
So it is not lightly that I say:  YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!!!!!

Your miniature posted at
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=255102564 doesn't
look anything like Groo and is not Groo and has nothing to do with Groo.
And even if it did, if Ral Partha or whoever is trying to pass off anything
as Groo, it is UNauthorized and that is a big legal no-no (and not very nice
either.)

The figure in question is part of a humorous line of Ral Partha imports from England in the mid-eighties, as was The Greatful Undead:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=248547363 and the Bulushi looking Samurai delecitessen figure going up next week.

As to if Ral Partha had any legal rights to make a likeness of Groo - that I do not know, but there's no denying who the figure is meant to represent. In retrospect titling "Groo - Like" miniature may have been a better choice of words. However once activity has started on an auction it cannot be changed.

So unless you want to be harrassed unmercifully by the Groop, you need to
remove the "Groo" designation from the ebay sale and if Ral Partha is
passing off these hideous minis as Groo, they need to stop.

Well since this figure is some 12+ years old, part of a foreign market import, and one that I've not seen the likes of before or since, I doubt you'll have to worry about the online market being flooded by these Ral Partha productions.

Mark Hayes