Re: So-called "Groo" Miniature

At 09:41 PM 2/7/2000 -0700, Mark Hayes wrote:
The figure in question is part of a humorous line of Ral Partha imports from England in the mid-eighties, as was The Greatful Undead:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=248547363 and the Bulushi looking Samurai delecitessen figure going up next week.

As to if Ral Partha had any legal rights to make a likeness of Groo - that I do not know, but there's no denying who the figure is meant to represent.  In retrospect titling "Groo - Like" miniature may have been a better choice of words.  However once activity has started on an auction it cannot be changed.

But I have gone in and added this to the description: (addition's can be made but nothing removed or changed):

On Feb-07-00 at 20:48:33 PST, seller added the following information:
Important Note
While I do not have the original packaging to confirm this I do doubt that this is a licensed Groo product by Ral Partha and just a Groo copy produced tongue in cheek by Ral Partha imports.