Re: So-called "Groo" Miniature

In a message dated 2/7/0 11:51:25 PM, grossfam@olywa.net writes:

>What is Ral Partha anyway?

Ral Partha is a manufacturer of small pewter or lead figurines, often used in
wargaming and fantasy games like Dungeons & Dragons. As far as gaming
figurines go, they're the name brand, like Coke is to soft drinks. I think
that if the packaging actually did say Groo on it Sergio and ME would have
put a stop to it long ago.

In a message dated 2/7/0 11:40:51 PM, mark@caislean.com writes:

>As to if Ral Partha had any legal rights to make a likeness of Groo - that
>I do not know, but there's no denying who the figure is meant to
>represent.  In retrospect titling "Groo - Like" miniature may have been
>a better choice of words.  However once activity has started on an auction
>it cannot be changed.

Question: do you still have the packaging? Are you SURE that Ral Partha
referred to it as a Groo figurine? I'm sure you mean no harm and your
intentions are good, but you should know that ebay has a policy against
selling items that infringe upon a copyright, as this clearly does if the
packaging says "Groo". As far as saying that once activity has started on an
auction it cannot be changed, I seriously doubt that is the case if the
copyright holder files a complaint.

-Larry S. AKA The Sheik of Entropy