Re: Sergio Stars in Sherlock: Undercover Dog

Hi guys/grrls!

Larry wrote:
Although I'm not planning on bidding on those pages,
I placed my first ever ebay bids a couple of days
ago, so I'm very new to this. What is a reserve
price? Is this some sort of hidden cost that I should
beware of?

A "reserve" is the lowest price that the seller is willing to sell the item at. Only the seller knows the reserve price. (But the seller will often tell you, if you send the seller an email asking what the reserve is.)

If you see "(reserve not yet met)" next to the
current bid, then that auction has a reserve price.
Even though you are the high bidder, you haven't
bid over the lowest price that the seller is willing
to sell the item at.  Therefore, you won't win the
item.

If you see "(reserve met)" next to the current bid,
then that auction has a reserve price.  The current
bid exceeded the lowest price that the seller is
willing to sell at.  So, you are able to win this
item.

If you don't see either "(reserve not yet met)" or
"(reserve met)" next to the current bid, then that
auction doesn't have a reserve price set.  You
don't need to worry about it, in this case.

See you.

Eric