RE: Mailing Lists

Hi, I'm pretty new to this list, but very old to this comic book.

I am a subscriber to two other lists.  That first list is the "Crossplains"
list at www.egroups.com.  Crossplains comics is a comic book company
dedicated to putting out comic books that are adapted from and faithful to
Robert E. Howard's original work.  We talk about a lot of stuff over there.
Howard's work and characters, comic books in particular and general
(regardless of publisher), science fiction, fantasy, horror, adventure
literature, movies, metaphysics, physics, music, haggis, The Cleveland
Browns, pecan logs and much more...there has even been some mention of Groo
himself.  We can be a rowdy bunch, and discussion can be heated, but almost
always with respect and consideration.  There have been a few wars waged, as
Howard fans can get quite animated at times, but the survivors are those who
approach the thing with respect and consideration, so war is not a problem.
If you enjoy any of the above topics please feel free to join the list.
Plenty of reading/viewing/listening suggestions abound, substantive
discussion is common, and jokes aplenty.  This list is high traffic (about
450 posts monthly).

The second list is "Super Hero News" also at egroups.  Less personal
conversation than Crossplains, but a worthwhile list if you want news
tid-bits about comic books or comic book related things.  There was one
conflagration between members there recently, and oddly Tony Isabella was
also there to tear into some poor helpless 13 year old that was a little
overly excited about the X-Men movie and somewhat annoying in manner.  But
that got resolved, and everyone is happy again.