Re: non-groo: Superman's Rights

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:34:37 -0800, "Gary Grossmann"
<grossfam@olywa.net> wrote:

>My bet is this is something that ME knows all about, both from the
>historical stand point of who got screwed by whom and how, if at all, it was
>rectified, and from the legal standpoint.  Probably he's written some CBG
>columns on it.  -Gary G.

ME: Yes, I know all about it.  No, I haven't written any columns about
it.  I am, in fact, attempting to maintain a low public profile on the
issue because I may get subpoenaed as an expert witness on one of
these matters.  I was recently a witness in another case and the
lawyer for the side I want to see lose (it isn't settled yet) was
using old messages I'd posted on the Internet to try and confuse my
testimony.

(You have to be real careful how you word some things in a court of
law.  No one's that careful when they write in a forum like this.)

Anyway, I know all about these lawsuits and am utterly on the sides of
the creators.  I'd rather not say much but if anyone has any specific
questions, I'll answer if I can.

Mark Evanier - PMB 303 - 363 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036