Re: Coloring Original Art

Gary Grossmann wrote:

> Now to me, hiring Tom to color a piece of unpublished (generic?) original
> art purchased from Sergio at a convention makes perfect sense and someday I
> hope to do that.  But for some reason, coloring the original art-even when
> done by Tom-that was used for a card or comic book or something like that,
> just seems not right.  I can't explain why.
>
> What does everyone else think?

Any reason folks can't have the best of both?? I know that inkers can
used light boxes or vellum or certain methods (at least I've been told
so) to "ink" a piece, but still keep the pencils intact. Couldn't
something similar be done with coloring?? Create a high quality
reproduction of the original, have Tom color that, and maybe even hang
'em both up! :) Don't know if it could be done or if it's a silly idea,
but I think that's the way I'd go.

Kevin