Re: Question for M.E.

At 11:13 AM 3/1/00 -0800, Mark Evanier wrote:
On Wed, 01 Mar 2000 10:55:21 -0800, Shane Clarke <sac@foolarchy.com>
wrote:

>Q: And, lastly, what was the purpose of such an item? What function did it
>serve? (These things are unknown to me.)

ME: All sorts of purposes.  One would be just to have a reference
around.  Another would be to use for advertising and publicity.  For
instance, if some magazine wanted to print the cover, they might need
a black-and-white copy to work from...so you'd send them either the
stat or a stat of the stat.  In some cases, a foreign publisher might
need a black-and-white stat to reprint the material.

Wow.. cool... thanks!

(and a silent thanks to Nate!)