RE: Usagi

Well Tricia (you sweet newbie, you), let me tell you about Usagi Yojimbo.

It is an excellent comic book.  If you have ever enjoyed as little as one
comic book, you should check it out ('cuz you'll quickly finding yourself
liking two comic books).

It's been going on for some years, and here is a partial description of its
publishing history.  It started some years ago (10 or more), and its first
continuing run was from Jade Man Comics (I think it went around 36 issues).
Next came a short run at Mirage/Fantagraphics.  These books were in color,
and I think went somewhere around 17 issues.  They also put out a
mini-series-Space Usagi-about one of the original Usagi's relatives in the
future.  Finally Usagi found a home at Dark Horse, where he has been for
coming on 40 issues.  There have been other appearances, by himself and in
other titles.  The most recent I can think of was in Oni Presents (or is
that Double Feature).

The book itself is a retelling of the story of Miyamoto Musashi (sp?) a
legendary figure in Japanese culture.  Musashi lived around the 1600's and
was instrumental in the political happenings of the time.  Usagi is
anthropomorphic.  Usagi himself, a rabbit.

Y'know I could go one trying to entice you to pick it up, but it would
probably be easier just to check out this website: www.usagiyojimbo.com.

Later,
Ari (me salty newbie, me)