Re: Groo Mouse Pad on Ebay

Well, I think it would be a bad idea if we all harrassed the guy because he's auctioning an item similar to one the Groop has put out.  Rather unfair I think, since the attack would come out of nowhere, as it's unlikely the person has been exposed to any of our rigorous debates and ponderings on the topic of bootleged / homemade Groo items.  Maybe just one Groopie could e-mail the person and mention the Groop's stance on selling non-licensed items.

Besides, I think whomever buys the item is wasting their time -- the pad is poorly done.  Check out the poor crop job and layout.  Here in Vancouver, there are LOTS of places to get your own custom mouse pad / mug / t-shirt / whatever made up from a graphic of your choice.  I presume the service is available around the world in most cities, so why not just get your own....

Ruben.

Gary Grossmann wrote:

Hi Folks!

Check out the ebay item below.  It's not someone selling one of our
mousepads, but some yo-yo who just made one.  I know that Mark has typically
said something to the effect that these little individual efforts are too
numerous and small to be worth the trouble of him even contacting the
person, but surely we in the Groop can come up with some creative and subtle
way (hee-hee) of discouraging this guy.

It's been a while since a Groo bootleg item has popped up. There have been
homemade buttons and magnets in the past.  But given all the work that Ruben
and Nate put into our Groop mousepads and, of course, that we got the proper
permission from Mark & Sergio, this particular bootleg item really bugs me!
What does everyone else think?  -Gary G.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281781271