Re: Groo Mouse Pad on Ebay

Why don't we just let M.E. and S.A. decide if they
want to take any action. It's their copyright being
breached after all.

They may not have time or desire to scour the world
for these small fish but if these are brought to their
attention through the Groop then they can decide what
action if any to take.

Just my 2c worth.

Dieter :)#

--- Ruben Arellano <ruben@oanet.com> wrote:
> Well, I think it would be a bad idea if we all
> harrassed the guy because he's
> auctioning an item similar to one the Groop has put
> out.  Rather unfair I think,
> since the attack would come out of nowhere, as it's
> unlikely the person has been
> exposed to any of our rigorous debates and
> ponderings on the topic of bootleged
> / homemade Groo items.  Maybe just one Groopie could
> e-mail the person and
> mention the Groop's stance on selling non-licensed
> items.
>
> Besides, I think whomever buys the item is wasting
> their time -- the pad is
> poorly done.  Check out the poor crop job and
> layout.  Here in Vancouver, there
> are LOTS of places to get your own custom mouse pad
> / mug / t-shirt / whatever
> made up from a graphic of your choice.  I presume
> the service is available
> around the world in most cities, so why not just get
> your own....
>
> Ruben.
>
> Gary Grossmann wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks!
> >
> > Check out the ebay item below.  It's not someone
> selling one of our
> > mousepads, but some yo-yo who just made one.  I
> know that Mark has typically
> > said something to the effect that these little
> individual efforts are too
> > numerous and small to be worth the trouble of him
> even contacting the
> > person, but surely we in the Groop can come up
> with some creative and subtle
> > way (hee-hee) of discouraging this guy.
> >
> > It's been a while since a Groo bootleg item has
> popped up. There have been
> > homemade buttons and magnets in the past.  But
> given all the work that Ruben
> > and Nate put into our Groop mousepads and, of
> course, that we got the proper
> > permission from Mark & Sergio, this particular
> bootleg item really bugs me!
> > What does everyone else think?  -Gary G.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281781271

http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Australia & NZ Greetings
- Better choose an online card now... Valentine's Day is coming sooner than you think!