OT: Akira

Okay... how many of the Groopers are Akira fans also?

I've seen the movie dozens of times. I even started collecting the Akira Prestige format books by Marvel/Epic way back in the 80s (didn't finish them though because of the time I did in the Army.)

Anyway, I always felt that the movie was cut so short. Having read the first 10 issues, or so, of Akira... there was just such a greater wealth of story than the movie contained.

Is there anyone who read all 64ish of the issues by Epic? Or are there even novels for Akira?