Re: [Groop] OT: Lord of the Rings

You read about this on slashdot didnt you shane?
I cant wait to see this. I totaly loved the books, read em about 10 times. And I'm glad to see that they are making it into 3 movies instead of trying to fit it all in one.

From: Shane Clarke <sac@foolarchy.com>
To: groop@groo.com
Subject: [Groop] OT: Lord of the Rings
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 11:13:13 -0700

I'm breathless!

I'm sure that many of us have read The Hobbit and/or The Lord of the Rings.

I do love the stories, though to me it gets kind of long and drawn out, it
is a good read none-the-less.

Anyway, I knew that there was talk about a Lord of the Rings movie. I
thought it be cheesy. There's now way way they can cram all of that into 2
or even 3 hours. I think I'm wrong:

http://www.lordoftherings.net/

There is a preview here. A trailer of sorts. It is costing over 180 million
dollars. It looks incredible. If you have the bandwidth I suggest you
download the biggest and best quality of the trailer. It will be a movie
trilogy set for Christmas of 2001, 2002 and 2003.

Wow... is all I can say.