RE: [Groop] Edward Gorey passes away (OT)

I am the prince of chichester~?

From: "Mo orst" <m00rst@hotmail.com>
To: groop@groo.com
Subject: RE: [Groop] Edward Gorey passes away (OT)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:39:22 PDT

He also did many of the illustrations in John Bellairs books.  It was one
of
the attractions of the set for me even though they are set for "young
readers" (sort of Goosebumps/gothic tales).

Interesting... that was my first exposure to Edward Gorey. "The Figure In The Shadows" continues to be one of my all-time favorite books, and Gorey's illustrations from that series haunt me even now. Very sad news indeed.

His work has had a profound influence on my pen and ink illustrations. I've
always considered him a sort of dark Dr. Seuss. I think my favorite Gorey
book is "The Insect God". Very grim.

How odd that he died on the "ides of March"!

-moorst