Re: [Groop] A new question for M.E.

At 11:03 AM 5/15/00 -0700, Mark Evanier wrote:
On Mon, 15 May 2000 08:48:03 -0700, Shane Clarke <sac@foolarchy.com>
wrote:

>Have you had the pleasure of meeting Bill Watterson? (Of Calvin and Hobbes fame)

ME: Only on the phone, and it was not a pleasure.  Sergio met him at a
seminar once and also didn't like him.

Oh ouch! (I guess that's analogous to how I view Mike Mignola. I love his stuff.... but not him.)

Wow... I sense a story here. I was only wondering if you knew why he brought Calvin and Hobbes to an end way back in 1988. In some of the last Calvin and Hobbes strips, the Calvin family had their house broken into and robbed. I was wondering if it was based on a real life situation.

Though I know nothing of Bill Watterson, I have always enjoyed the Calvin and Hobbes strips. Even more so that I'm not a young kid anymore. (though I'm still a kid... just not a young kid.) The Calvin and Hobbes strips attack a lot of societies stupidities... and I love it.

Oh well.. I'm rambling.