Re: [Groop]Howard/Lovecraft

> I am not a Howard expert but a slight correction to Gary's post.  Howard
> stopped writing his Conan stories a few years before he committed suicide
> (in 1939, I believe).

According to my info, he killed himself in 1936 and the last Conan story,
Red Nails, was serialized in the August, September, and October editions of
Weird Tales of 1936, at least in part posthumusly.

> Howard and Lovecrafts friendship is fascinating, as are both men as well
as
> their work.  Anyone see any Howard influence in this here list's main
> barbarian?

Actually, it's the other way around.  You see, the Groo legend has been
around for a long time....

-Gary G.