Re: [Groop]Fanboys

At 08:04 AM 07/21/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>  Well Nate, I hate to be a snob, but I avoid conventions and cons for the
>very same reasons. Along with comic book stores, gaming stores, video game
>stores, etc etc...

~~~ I agree wholeheartedly.  But if I want to "do comics" I have to suck it
up and smile through the freakshow. ; )

I have a name for the people Warren Ellis was describing, I call them,
"Life-ers"  as in comics is their life.  With certain additional traits of
course....   Now, while comics is my life, I don't....

- live in my parent's basement,

-  exist on the 4 food groups - McDonalds, Wendy's,  Taco bell and Ponderosa

-  know what color hair Alien Babe #7 had in Star Trek episode 34, scene 9.

- don't wonder what it must be like to see, "a real live naked woman."

(Though the way comics are drawn these days, I wonder if some of the
artists have ever seen a real live naked woman themselves.)

It's great that people get very devoted to tv shows, comics, etc.... but
fer chrissakes, take a bath.

~Nate "It's been a while since I ranted" Piekos
Piekos Arts Design ~ http://www.piekosarts.com
AKF Comics ~ http://www.piekosarts.com/akfcomics
Blambot Comic Fonts ~ http://www.piekosarts.com/blambotfonts