[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Groop]Chicago Report!
At 06:57 PM 8/7/00 -0400, Nate Piekos wrote:
hi guys n gals! I'm back from ChicagoCon! I'm going to be putting
together an official report very soon, but here are the highlights:
- Lou Ferigno almost killed me.
- Stan Sakai is the nicest guy in the whole world. He even came back to
Artist's Alley to check up on me!
- I gave Kevin Smith a Blambot T-shirt when I ran into him.
- I had dinner with ASTOUNDING SPACE THRILLS creator, Steve Conley (we
discovered we were both staying in the same hotel -- and he knew who I
was!) Also in attendance was Marty Bauman of CRATER KID, and about 3 other
indie creators. I also may be creating some original fonts for ASTOUNDING
- I brought waaaaaayyyy too much stuff... but I was told that's a mistake
every indie person makes... once.
- Fans of Insane Clown Posse were a frightening bunch of people....
- And of course I saw a few groop mates! Jeff Allen, Elie & wife, and Jeff
Koziki... (I didn't forget anyone did I?)
I'm going to post an official journal - style report of the whole deal very
soon. I'll post it when it happens.
You forgot to mention that you finished pencilling TWE #8????
Groop maillist - Groop@groo.com