Re: [Groop]Re: "Groo" in McHale's Navy

--- Mark Evanier <me@evanier.com> wrote:

> ME: He was "The Amazing Ballantine" and did the
> funniest magic act
> ever recorded.  Not one single trick ever worked.

I remember him best from McHale's Navy, but also
remember his wonderful magic act as well. I've always
had a great fondness for magic acts, and always got a
huge kick out of his performances. As far as the
Gruber/Groo synchronicity goes, it just adds to the
coincidence that his magic act was a whole series of
odd failures and unexpected results!

Mr. Ballantine is a real character actor's character
actor. By that I mean he has the sort of original,
distinctive features that nobody has a CHANCE of
forgetting (even if they don't always remember his
name).

I'm glad to hear he's still around, and hope he's
happy and in lively good health!

=====
Larry Steller AKA The Sheik Of Entropy