[Groop]Creating comics [OT]

As the Groop is suddenly active again, I was wondering if any of you in the
know would be able to direct me in the right direction.

I'm working towards teaching licensure and in one of my classes I have to
create new teaching tools.  I would like to experiment with creating comic
books relavant to what I'm teaching.  While I'm an adequate writer, I am a
deplorable artist.  So I was wondering if there is any comic book creation
software out on the market (preferably for Mac, but I can use either
platform) in which I can layout and word the comics myself and work out found
graphics or pictures to fit.  It doesn't have to be incredibly professional
for what I want to do, but the cleaner, the better.

Sorry to use the Groo list for this, but heck, consider this post a Grooism
in itself.

Elie