Re: [Groop]alive and well and vacationing on Zoltron

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:29:17 -0700 (PDT), Chad Riden
<chadmriden@yahoo.com> wrote:

>cool! If you remember what the date or show number was I'd probably be
>able to pull the tape out and find it.

ME: January 6, 1986...show #647.  My girl friend of the time and I
were in a short sketch with Jeff Altman.

>The alt.fan.letterman FAQ (which is really old and needs updating badly)
>has a quote of yours... something to the effect of how you're friends with
>both Letterman and Leno staffers and you once heard a Letterman writer say
>how he was glad Dave didn't get the Tonight Show 'cause he thought Dave'd
>move to LA, fire most of the staff and turn his show into more of a
>variety-type than the comedy/talk-show.

ME: That's a bit of a misquote of what I said but not far off.

Yeah, I wrote gags for both Letterman and Leno when they were starting
out, and I have friends on both staffs.  Every so often, I still phone
in a joke or two if I have a topical thought and no place else to use
it.